Sunday 28 April 2013

The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power

Youtube logo Royalty Free Stock Image© Copyright 2013 PJ Stassen
All Rights Reserved

It is when we give ourselves to be a blessing to others that we can count on the blessing of God for ourselves.
               - Andrew Murray.


Thank God for the blood that flowed at Calvary … it will never ever lose its power!  The Bible says:

1John 1:5  And this is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
1John 1:6  If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1John 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
1John 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1John 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (MKJV, eSword).

   This song, The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power, written by Andraé Crouch, is quite recent, but nevertheless one of those unforgettable, timeless gems that will forever extol the virtues of the holy blood of Christ.  Incidentally, as far as the human race is concerned, here are some observations I have made:

1.      Humans are incorrigibly depraved.  Neither science, nor clinical psychology or so-called ‘evolution’ can explain the origins and phenomena of e.g. agape love, the two sexes [male and female] or of crime and the depravity of the human race.   Apes [i.e. ‘primates’], for instance, do not commit organised crime the way humans do; they do not steal cell-phones, hijack cars or murder people for a few lousy pennies.  In fact, the Bible says that we all had SINNED, and, as I write, I still shudder at the memory of the disgusting sins and brutal indiscretions of my youth.  Today, no matter how hard I try, I cannot make my past [obnoxious] behaviour undone, and can only fall prostrate on the precious BLOOD of Jesus of our Lord and Saviour and beg His grace and mercy, for now and eternity.  The only hope for the human race is for us to confess our total inability to save ourselves [from ourselves] and thrust ourselves morally and judicially onto the universal righteousness of Jesus Christ.  [Life-skill TIP:  Acknowledge your guilt, confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour ... today.  Tomorrow may be too late].

2.     Humans are incorrigibly conceited.  Some humans will sometimes go to extraordinary lengths to prove their absolute independence from and disdain for the Creator, and even vehemently reject Him to His face, with unbridled passion! These kinds of self-destructive initiatives may sometimes manifest as the typical historical ‘isms’ of Evolutionism, Nazism, Fascism, Stalinism, Satanism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Occultism, Secular Humanism, Hitlerism, Hedonism, Paganism, Naturalism, Bolshevism, etc. These are the kind of people who erroneously had reckoned that they could merrily live without God ... only to find out [when it was probably too late] that they had to unmerrily die without Him too.  [Life-skill TIP:  Whose friend would you rather be when you die ... Jesus Christ or Charles Darwin?  Choose the one with the most-impressive CV or curriculum vitae ... Jesus of Nazareth]. 

3.      Eternity is a very long time.  Life on Earth is very temporal ... in comparison to Eternity life on Earth is but the flickering flame of a frail candle in the wind.  It feels like only a few weeks ago when I had first gone to school and, utterly dejected and alone, had said to myself:  “Six years down, only 64 more to go!”  Yet, today I can already say: “Sixty-six years down, only 4 more to go!” My life on Earth is virtually past, my term expended, my time is up.  And I realise:  Only one life that will soon be past; only what’s done for Christ will last.  I now spend the rest of the few productive years, months and days mercifully still allotted to me writing about the humble Carpenter from Nazareth.  I have given up trying to save myself; anthropologically and theologically I am a hopeless case.  I now hope forever on Jesus of Nazareth to perform that miraculous Heavenly Alchemy of justifying and saving me through the precious blood of the cross of Calvary. The art of life?  Not to throw away Eternity for a few morsels of the useless bread of unprofitable, time-wasting Earthly pursuits ... to rather invest in Eternity where rust, decay, inflation, war, crime and taxation cannot destroy.  You may now want to say, “Friend, you’re a FOOL ... and that for a man called Jesus!” Go ahead, say it ... that is your democratic right.  In that case, the question I want to ask you is: “Whose FOOL are you?” [Life-skill TIP: Don’t rely on personal merit, the so-called ‘protestant work-ethic’, moral-goodness or all kinds of laudable achievements, like academic-excellence or diverse religious-rituals mechanically performed, to find favour in the eyes of GOD, it won’t work.  GOD will honour those who honour His Son, Jesus Christ].

   I sincerely hope that the reader will understand the need for the soul saving blood of Jesus Christ, of the blood of the sacrifice at Calvary.  When I die, I would prefer to die knowing that I had been reconciled with God; that I am justified by the blood of Christ; that I am God’s friend and not His adversary.  May God have mercy on our souls.  Andraé Crouch’s song goes:

YouTube

The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power

(© Andraé Crouch)

The blood that Jesus shed for me,
Way back on Calvary;
The blood that gives me strength
From day to day,
It will never lose its power.

CHORUS: It reaches to the highest mountain,
It flows to the lowest valley;
The blood that gives me strength
from day to day,
it will never lose its power.

It soothes my doubts and calms my fears,
And it dries all my tears;
the blood that gives me strength
from day to day,
Bibliography

1.  eLYRICS.NET. ‘The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power’. Accessed At <http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/andrae-crouch-lyrics/the-blood-will-never-lose-its-power-lyrics.html> [online] 2013.
2. IndependentMusicAwards. Andrae Crouch.  Accessed At <www.independentmusicawards.com [online] 2013 
3. Murray, Andrew (1981 ) With Christ In The School Of Prayer.  Whitaker House. New Kensington, PA, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment