Tuesday 6 August 2013

Hear My Song Lord

Youtube logo Royalty Free Stock Image© Copyright 2013 PJ Stassen
All Rights Reserved

  If I were to begin life again, I would devote it to music. It is the only cheap and unpunished rapture upon earth.
-       Sydney Smith, 1771-1845.

   How marvellous that Jesus also loved to sing; for instance, at the last supper He sang with His disciples:

And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.  (Matthew 26:26-30 MKJV, www.e-sword.net).

   Obviously if Jesus Christ is the ‘Master’, in Heaven He is also master-musician, master-librettist, master-composer, master-singer, master-conductor, master-instrumentalist and master-musicologist.  In fact, it is my dream to, in Eternity, sit at the feet of the Master of all masters, the Maestro of all maestro’s and the Virtuoso of all virtuoso’s, and learn how the piano (with perhaps the violin or cello thrown in as a bonus) really ought to be played.  Thank God that poetry, music, singing (and praise and worship) is part of our biological profile and spiritual DNA!

YouTube

Hear My Song. Lord

(Words: Gloria Gaither, b. /Music: William J. Gaither, b. /© Copyright 1989 Gaither Music Company, ASCAP, All Rights Reserved) 

CHORUS
Hear my song, Lord, You fill me with music
Hear my words, Lord, You fill me with praise
Take this moment, I just can’t waste it
This one is Yours, Lord, I give You this day.

When I am hungry, You feed me living bread,
When I am thirsty, water of life
I will not fear, You’re always with me
Ev’ry need I have, You satisfy

(REPEAT CHORUS) Hear Your children, we are lifting Your praise to You
Let singing like incense now rise to Your throne
Come dwell in the place hollowed out for Your Spirit
Come make of our praises Your temple, Your home (REPEAT CHORUS).   



Piet Stassen

Bibliography

1.  Andrews, Allen (1969) Quotations For Speakers And Writers. Newnes Books. Hamlyn Publishing Group Ltd. London.
2.  Last.fm.com. 'Bill & Gloria Gaither'. Accessed At <http://www.last.fm/music/Bill+&+Gloria+Gaither> [online] 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment