Tuesday 7 May 2013

No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus

Youtube logo Royalty Free Stock Image© Copyright 2013 PJ Stassen
All Rights Reserved

The greatest annoyance to Satan and humanity is Jesus Christ.
                                                             - Oswald Chambers.




   It was during 1977 that my faith crashed and my mind went into a tailspin of distress, depression and doubt about my faith and commitment to Jesus Christ.  I had just had a serious personal loss in terms of a valued friendship and, for a few weeks filled with anguish and uncertainty, spent my daily lunch-hour driving to the place of worship to pray and seek the face of God. 
   Sometimes people do not realise how hard it is to pray … prayer is very taxing work.  I am not talking about ‘saying grace’ … I am talking about serious, heartrending, soul crushing hours of lonely, mountaintop-type seeking God’s countenance and, at the same time, wrestling with the powers of darkness and the crafty wiles of the Devil.  It sometimes feels as hard and impossible a task as chopping up a Sequoia Redwood for firewood, seven metres in diameter and 45 metres long … with a blunt axe; or like Hercules’ task of cleaning Aegeas’ stables.     
   Most of us think we know how to pray, but comparatively few know what true prevailing prayer all entails.  Ask any intercessor of note:  It is a full time task, an awesome challenge … almost a career.  Read E.M Bounds on Prayer and one realises instantly that one is still an infant, a total novice, i.r.o. this exclusive vocation and discipline of the holy men of old.  But, thank God, the day did arrive when I found peace, and knew that my battle in respect of that particular problem was over.  For the first time in weeks I could relax and again resume my work as usual. After all, Jesus had promised:

Matthew 6:6  But you, when you pray, enter into your room. And shutting your door, pray to your Father in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.
Matthew 6:7  But when you pray, do not babble vain words, as the nations. For they think that in their much speaking they shall be heard.
Matthew 7:7  Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.
Matthew 7:8  For each one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened.
Mark 11:25  And when you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive it so that also your Father in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mark 11:26  But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in Heaven forgive your trespasses.
Luke 18:1  And He also spoke a parable to them to teach it is always right to pray, and not to faint (MKJV, eSword).

   During these tempestuous weeks there was one song in particular of special blessing to me, i.e No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus:

YouTube 

No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus 
 
(Charles F. Weigle, 1871-1966/© Copyright 1960 Renewal.  The Rodeheaver Co. Owner
All Rights Reserved.  International Copyright Secured)

I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true;
I would tell you how He changed my life completely,
He did something that no other friend could do.

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me,
All my heart was full of misery and woe;
Jesus plac’d His strong and loving arms about me,
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

Ev’ry day He comes to me with new assurance,
More and more I understand His words of love;
But I’ll never know just why He came to save me,
Till someday I see His blessed face above.

CHORUS: No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There’s no other friend as kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me,
Oh how much He cared for me.


Bibliography
1.  CyberHymnalTM ‘Charles F. Weigle’. Accessed At <http://cyberhymnal.org/bio/w/e/i/weigle_cf.htm> [online] 2013.
2.  McCasland, David (2008) The Quotable Oswald Chambers. Oswald Chambers Publications Association Ltd. Discovery House Publishers. Grand Rapids, Michigan.
3.  Smith, Alfred B. (1946) Favorites No.2. ‘No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus’. Singspiration, Inc. Grand Rapids, Michigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment