Saturday 11 May 2013

Does Jesus Care

Youtube logo Royalty Free Stock Image© Copyright 2013 PJ Stassen
All Rights Reserved

Faith like Job’s cannot be shaken because it is the result of having been shaken.
-          Rabbi Abraham Herschek. 

   Read through (the book of) Job once and you immediately, inevitably learn this great, immutable cosmic principle ... God cares, and this is one of those beautiful inspirational songs that (I am convinced) will lift the spirit of the most despondent in even the darkest of circumstances and deepest of pits.  I quote from two verses:

YouTube

Does Jesus Care

(Frank E. Graeff, 1860-1919/J. Lincoln Hall, 1866-1930)

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth and song;
As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?

Does Jesus care when I’ve said goodbye
To the dearest on earth to me,
Ans my sad heart aches, till it nearly breaks –
Is it aught to Him, does He see?

CHORUS: O yes, He cares –
I know He cares! His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares (He cares).


1.  Hymnary.org. ‘J. Lincoln Hall’. http://www.hymnary.org/person/Hall_JL
2.  Hymntime. ‘Frank E. Graeff’. http://www.hymntime.com/tch/bio/g/r/a/graeff_fe.htm
3.  Yancey, Philip (1988)  Disappointment With God.  Zondervan Publishing House. Grand Rapids, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment