Wednesday 22 May 2013

Exodus (This Land Is Mine)

Youtube logo Royalty Free Stock Image© Copyright 2013 PJ Stassen
All Rights Reserved

   One, with God, is always in the majority, but many a martyr has been burned at the stake while the votes were being counted.
Youtube logo Royalty Free Stock Image-          Thomas B. Reed, 1839-1902.






   I have included this, the musical score to the movie-classic Exodus, because of its memorable impact on movie-audiences (and myself) when the film reached the public at the time of its release in 1961.  I feel that, regardless of its sometimes rather ‘secular’ vibe, that it’s a beautiful (spiritual) song worthy of remembrance.  The musical score was by composer Ernest Gold (1960) and the words added by Pat Boone (1961).

YouTube 1
YouTube 2

Exodus (This Land Is Mine)

(Musical Score [1960]: Ernest Gold/Lyrics [1961]: Pat Boone)

This land is mine, God gave this land to me,
This brave and ancient land to me.
And when the morning sun,
Reveals its hills and plain,
Then I see a land where children can run free.

So take my land, and walk this land with me,
And walk this lovely land with me.
Though I am just a man,
When you are by my side,
With the help of God I know I can be strong.

To make this land our home,
If I must fight, to make this land our own.
Until I die, this land is mine.


Piet Stassen

Bibliography

1.  Aliyah. ‘Exodus’ (‘This Land Is Mine’). Accessed At <http://www.internationalwallofprayer.org/Aliyah-020-Exodus-Lyrics.html> [online] 2013.
2.  LastFm. 'Ernest Gold'. Accessed At <http://www.lastfm.es/music/Ernest+Gold> [online] 2013.
3.  Wikipedia. 'Pat Boone'. Accessed At <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Boone> [online] 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment