Saturday 9 November 2013

He Lives

Copyright 2013 PJ Stassen
All Rights Reserved

    If there were no other proof of the infinite patience of God with men, a very good one could be found in His toleration of the pictures that are painted of Him.
-       Thomas Merton, b.1915.


  C.S.Lewis once remarked that, if people were born without eyes, they would not even have known that the Universe was dark.  Likewise, if the Universe had had no meaning, we would not have known that it had no meaning.  We know today that the Universe has meaning exactly because the Universe has meaning (otherwise we would not have known).  This is an exciting concept … one of the many reasons it is good to be alive, and, on top of that, good to be able to know that one day we will come face to face with the One who had died for us and redeemed us with His precious blood.  With Alfred Ackley I want to boldly proclaim: “I see His hand of mercy, I hear His name of cheer!”   
  
YouTube

He Lives

(Alfred H. Ackley, 1887-1960)

I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His name of cheer,
And just the time I need Him He’s always near.

In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows weary I never will despair;
I know that He is leading thru all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing will come at last.


Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind.

CHORUS
He Lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.


Piet Stassen

Bibliography

1.     Andrews, Allen (1969)   Quotations For Speakers And Writers.  Newnes Books.  Hamlyn Publishing Group Ltd. London.
2.     Peterson, John W. (1968)  Great Hymns Of The Faith. ‘He Lives’. Zondervan Publishing House.  Grand Rapids, Michigan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment