Thursday 30 May 2019

I've Lived Among The Stars (Poem)

Herman Charles Bosman
(1905-1951)
Poem by Herman Charles Bosman:



"Though my heart is bruised and riven,
And my soul is scathed with scars;
Yet I've touched the fringe of heaven;
I've lived among the stars."

(Herman Charles Bosman, 1905-1951)




NOTES:

Stephen Gray writes: 

   "The literary remains of the only creative giant this city [JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA] has produced were entombed in Texas, in the 'Humanities Research Centre' of the University of Austin, courtesy of which Johannesburgers and others may now read for the first time much of the work this city engendered in him." (Gray: 7).

Acknowledgements 

Gray, Stephen (Ed.)(1986) Bosman's Johannesburg. Human & Rousseau. Cape Town, Pretoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment